Ten LIFE CHANGING minutes
Life without contacts or glasses would be a whole new life. But when you begin to think about LASIK surgery, there are so many questions. And not all providers are alike! That’s why understanding how to get the best possible results, in the safest possible way is so important.
What is Custom LASIK?
We provide Traditional LASIK as well as Custom LASIK surgery. VISX CustomVueTM can measure and correct the unique imperfections of each individual’s vision and provide them with the potential to experience better vision than is possible with glasses or contacts - Personal Best Vision. This process is measured through the WavePrint System. This system allows your doctor to personalize your laser vision correction. Your vision is unique and as individual as your own fingerprint. The Wave-Print System gives the doctor treatment options that are truly modified to your visual needs.
The WavePrint System includes:
- The Wave-Print Map
- 3D ActiveTrakTM Eyetracker
- Variable Spot Scanning * (VSSTM)
- Iris Registration Technology
- Iris Registration Technology replaces previous methods of attaining accurate alignment, which required the physician to manually place ink marks on the white part of the eye called the sclera.
- Iris Registration Technology is a non-contact method of aligning the treatment to the cornea that provides greater laser alignment accuracy
- Unlike manual, ink-based alignment methods, Iris Registration Technology is not time sensitive, and allows the physician to re-register alignment even if the treatment has been paused or the eye has moved.
- When the CustomVueTM procedure is performed, the Iris registration Technology centers the treatment correctly, independent of changes in the pupil center from measurement to treatment
Now, for the first time, the Wave-Print Map provides information on more than just the corneal surface of your eye. It reveals the way your entire optical system processes light.
Who qualifies for LASIK?
LASIK can treat a very broad range of nearsightedness, astigmatism and farsightedness in people who are at least 18 years old, in good general health and have no eye diseases.
About Our Laser
Our experienced board-certified surgeon performs LASIK and ASA procedures with the technology of the VISX Star S4 excimer laser and the Hansatome Microkeratome, which have proven to provide outstanding levels of patient safety and satisfaction.
Over 2 million eyes in the United States have been treated with VISX’s proven and reliable technology. Thousands of eye doctors and their staff have had laser vision correction themselves, and have trusted their eyes to the VISX Star S4 excimer laser.
The VISX Star S4 is FDA approved to treat myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism.
VISX invented the technology for laser vision correction more than 15 years ago and has continued to be the “gold standard” in the laser vision correction industry. Bottom line, VISX lasers are the most trusted.